Saturday, January 10, 2009

How to think like Leonardo da Vinci Part 1


It's been a while since i last wrote in my little unknown blog. Finally, i have the mood and something which trigger me to write something here just to share with everyone. It's good to practise my writing every now and then. Otherwise, my writing will not improve. In this very competitive world, if we don't improve, we are actually lagging behind and this is a cruel fact in this Information Age.

I was reading a book "How to Think like Leonardo da Vincci" as i want to be enlightened and be a better and more well-rounded person. So, 1 way to become a better person is to imitate someone who has the essense and what a better way to read and practise those techniques afterwards.

We have heard a lot of people saying things like "Your Brain is Much Better than You Think", "We have unlimited potential" and etc. To be honest, i'm not exactly sure whether those are true or not. Anyway, knowing we always have the rights to choose what we want and what we don't want. I opt to believe those good and motivating thoughts.

Based on this book which i have finished its 2nd chapter, the seven Da Vincian Principles are:
1) Curiosita
2) Dimostrazione
3) Sensazione
4) Sfumato
5) Arte/Scienza
6) Corporalita
7) Connessione

You may be wondering what in the world those words mean. You are not alone. I was wondering in vain also when i first saw those words. I know those words resemble English. :) For your information, those are in Leonardo's native Italian.
You can go to this link for their respective meanings:
http://www.amazon.ca/How-Think-Like-Leonardo-Vinci/dp/0440508274


Happy learning, folks.

Cheers. :)

1 comment:

leetian said...

Yes I watched a documentary about Da Vinci when I was at home enjoying my break before flying to NZ. One quote impressed me , "Nature is the best teacher". I think to be an all-rounder, we shouldn't restrain ourselves in a particular area but to be exposed to the great nature, we'll be inspired then. You can't merely read book to learn about geography, but to travel and learn, explore, be curious ans speculative about other stuffs